Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week Two

This is now the second week of 2011. It still doesn't feel any different than last year. Probably because, in a lot of ways, it isn't really that different. There are several notable improvements from last year, but those sort of happened gradually through all of last year and not suddenly when the giant ball dropped in all its sparkly glory. I'm still the same old procrastinating, stubborn, and kind of mean person that I was last year. I have, at least, gotten better at doing all three of those. I suppose that in contrast I am also the same clever, enthusiastic, and open minded person that I was last year as well. The problem is, I hate acknowledging the good qualities about myself. Because doing that makes me feel all conceited and what not, and that's the way it's often viewed. But only acknowledging the bad things makes one looks sad and desperate for compliments. You can never win, dear reader. So you might as well look sort of conceited and boost your self confidence.
Genetics project is finally under way. Not the video, though I have started mapping out a script in my head. The website itself, however, is going fairly well. I have the general layout all done, and I know several of the movies and books that I'm going to cover. I think it'll get done before it's due. No it won't, that's a lie. But it's at least underway before it's due, so that's better than usual.
*
This is a picture from my genetics website, expertly crafted using only the finest MS paint.

I listened to an episode of Radiolab yesterday, for the first time in a long time. For anyone who hasn't listened to it and is even remotely interested in really cool topics such as sleep, the human mind, evolution, space, and tons of other things, I highly recommend going and checking it out. It has a free podcast. Listen to one that looks interesting to you before bed sometime. It will blow your mind. Like, bits of brain matter splattered on the wall kind of thing. So well done, so intriguing. That's basically the moral of this story. I could explain what the episode was about to you, but it wouldn't do it justice. Go listen.
Gulliver's Travels was sparknoted. I really tried to read it, I did. I just.... couldn't. It's awful, I know. But I'll accept the karmic backlash in exchange for maintaining a decent grade in lit.
Warmest regards on this cold night, dear reader.

*Also, Hulk smash the careers of any and all directors/actors who try to make decent hulk movie! ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment