Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One of those days.

Second day of finals went alright. A lot of good things happened today, actually. But there was a bit of news that everyone's heard about already. I won't belabor the topic any more by going into a speech about it, but it certainly deserves a few sentences. It's weird and, of course, extremely sad to hear about people you know dying, especially at this age. And entirely randomly. Even if you didn't know him, you feel a little bit of you hurting inside.
You know what that is? 
Your sense of immortality. Teenage spirit. Whatever you want to call it, events like these shake you. I really am very sorry for his friends and relatives. I haven't talked to him in awhile, but he was a great guy and will certainly be missed. 

The rest of the day was alright. But there was always that shadow what had been announced in the morning hanging over everything. I spent some time with friends, ate some food, played some videogames. It was a pretty relaxing day. I did study a bit for AP Euro, the last real final I have this semester. But I wasn't really in the frame of mind for it. I mostly just stared at the page, not getting anything or real value from it. Other than "one day, my lifetime will be printed in pages for other kids to skim over for key terms." And that really isn't a great way to study. A bit of a downer, really. 
Which was sort of the way of the whole day. A bit of a downer. 
Second semester of my final year of high school starts on Monday.
It's the end of the world as I know it, dear readers. And I feel... alright. Always alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment