Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I think....

I think that I long too much for an adventure that will never come. Or maybe it will. See? I'm doing it again. This is your fault, Lord of the Rings and Dr. Who. Some kids grow up dreaming about receiving a letter from Hogwarts; I dream about hearing the Tardis outside my window or getting randomly taken away by 12 dwarves and a wizard.
Does this make me strange? Probably. But I think a lot of people have similar dreams, if not quite so nerdy. A lot of people crave excitement and adventure. In fact, I think that all people do at some point, before the confines of living in reality set in. Maybe I just mature slowly. Perhaps I continue hoping in the back of my mind for something that normal, well-adjusted, sane people give up after hitting puberty. I don't ever want to become a normal, well-adjusted, sane person. I feel like that would be boring. I certainly never want to stop straining my ears for the sound of a Tardis outside my window, even metaphorically speaking. I have a career plan (kind of) because I know that it's necessary, but I don't look at my future career with a great deal of excitement. It'll be an adventure, but one that's been done many times by many people. The pitfalls and traps are mapped out. It's safe.
Safe is one of the most boring states of being. A tempting one, but boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment