Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Lack of Posts

The one act play is now over, meaning I have some semblance of a life outside of theater now. It's a bit weird, actually. So much free time. I spent the majority of it so far watching all the Dr. Who specials, and I've now officially caught up on the series up to season 5. Which isn't on Netflix yet. That is a problem. Although when I think about it, it's probably a good thing. Otherwise it would consume every free moment I have. My friends and family would probably get a little irate.
One act ended fairly well. Our score was a lot lower than I think we should have gotten, but it hardly matters. The last performance went phenomenally and the audience loved it. We got superior awards in a lot of things, including staged fighting. We did the best we could and, to be honest, another week of one act would see a lot of burning out with a lot of the cast and crew. It would have been totally awesome to make it to states, but it would have been stressful as well.
Other recent news... well, there was Valentine's Day. I didn't do anything particularly out of the ordinary. Just hung out with my significant other and watched some movies and talked. Really, I think those moments are the best. Relaxing and fulfilling, along with giving you the chance to vent or discuss or geek out about whatever you want. Some people like their elaborate plans, but I like just being there.
Swim unit in gym. Ergghhh. It's not awful, I suppose, but it just brings out all those little insecurities you have about your own image. You realize just how skinny, pale, and awkward looking you are in comparison to the other boys. I've never been hugely worried about my image and even now it's not a huge concern. It's just one of those wonderful little things about high school and adolescence in general; it's nearly impossible to be comfortable with one's own body. We get over that eventually though. The main concern of mine is that it's rather cold when I get out of the pool, and people steal my towels.
Musical is starting. How excited am I? Really frickin' excited. I love musical. It's a whole bunch of fun and almost as much in the way of jazzhands. Life gets no better.
More regular posts from here on out, I think. Until hell week cometh, when I will post pretty much nothing.
Sing on, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment