Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Farewell

I have just discovered through Facebook that my grandparents are giving away the toys that have been in their house for not only my entire life, but also the majority of my parents' lives. They're the toys that entertained me and my cousins for hours on end during family reunions and visits. It's weird.

I've never really considered myself to be that nostalgic. I have memories I enjoy, yes. But I've rarely just sat around and reminisced about the good old days. This year seems to have started that. I suppose it makes sense, as it is truly the end of the first part of my life. I've had many little milestones in between. Learning to walk, going to school, birthdays, driving, my first novel. All that good stuff. But it really all has been just the beginning. After graduation, it'll basically be shoved into a little box labeled "childhood" to be brought out for the youngins way on down the road. I'm not sad about leaving it behind, really. But it's a weird feeling, when you realize what's about to happen. All the familiar things will be gone. It's a whole new world.

Let's kick it's ass, shall we Reader?

1 comment:

  1. I love kicking ass.
    Nostalgia in large doses makes me feel really weird.

    ReplyDelete