Monday, March 14, 2011

An Abundance of Projects

Because I can't go for any length of time without dedicating myself to one short lived project or another, I've decided to start on a couple of different things. First off, the fine work of the blog BetterMyths has inspired me to start venturing into the realm of history based humor myself. The idea is still in its fledgling stages*, but I'm thinking of a sort of webcomic thing. Possibly on a separate blog, possibly just on this one. I was provided the title "Blood and Irony"** by Samantha, which I find to be both genius-level in simplicity and relevance, as well as quite amusing. It would involve jokes about history. Because weird shit goes down in our world, people.

*To be precise, it has no basis in reality yet.
**If you don't get that reference, you may want to look into that. It's the basis for two world wars and a century or Germany not playing nice with the other kids.

Idea number two. Finishing Dragon Age 2 put me into a bit of a mood for fantasy. I sat around for a lot of yesterday thinking of various plot points of a possible writing project of some kind, perhaps even next year's NaNo. Or a serialized novel to be written in the post-AP test doldrums of my life and put onto this blog. Nobody knows. I have a name, tentatively. But it's embarrassingly generic, I feel, so I think I'll just find something new. Writing projects are fun and exciting, and perhaps it will keep my writing skills up so that November doesn't kick the collective and figurative asses of my fingers and creative skills.

Idea number three. Script frenzy is coming up. There have been some ideas tossed around between Samantha and I about what we could potentially be doing with this. It's a little terrifying to even think of doing this with musical hell week and AP tests becoming frighteningly close, but April could finally get me off of my ass and actually get me going with something. Which leads me to my next point.

Idea number four. Finally finish/edit my nano novel. I've been putting this off for forever. There's a lot of work to be done on it. Then I can finally get that proof copy and put it on my bookshelf and say: "Look at this. I wrote that. It's small and bad, but I did it. Have you written a novel? Statistically speaking, it's unlikely. WHAT UP?"
That's how I plan to greet people entering my dorm room next year. I'll make lots of friends, I'm sure.
Rough sketch for possible cover of the novel. Isn't it adorable? In a sort of oddly misshapen way.

Keep on making yourself do crazy shit just for your own fulfillment, dear Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment